What is LIFE & LEGACY?
LIFE & LEGACY is a partnership of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF) and Jewish Federation & Foundation of Rockland County that promotes after-lifetime giving to benefit Rockland County’s synagogues, agencies, and other Jewish entities. Through training, support and monetary incentives LIFE & LEGACY motivates Jewish organizations to integrate legacy giving into their philanthropic culture in order to assure Jewish tomorrows.
JCC Rockland and the Rockland Jewish Community Campus are proud participants of Life & Legacy.
Why LIFE & LEGACY?
- To cultivate a culture of legacy giving.
- To foster camaraderie and respect among Jewish organizations in Rockland County
- To give generous and forward-thinking members of the community an opportunity to express their passion, purpose and commitment to the future of Rockland’s most valued Jewish organizations.
Wealth may last a lifetime. A legacy of good deeds lasts forever.”
In one way or another your life is rooted in Jewish experiences connecting you to the Jewish community. Chances are you already support Jewish charitable organizations in Rockland County, but have you included these organizations in your will or estate plan? By leaving a legacy, you can assure that the traditions and institutions that mean so much to you today will exist for future generations.
By making a legacy commitment you can:
- Convey your commitment to being Jewish.
- Express values instilled in you by your parents and grandparents.
- Perpetuate the Jewish traditions you cherish.
- Preserve the programs and organizations that support Jewish life in Rockland County.
By making your legacy commitment now, or sharing with the community that you have already done so, Rockland organizations to whom you make a legacy commitment have the opportunity to secure an incentive grant.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
All of us, regardless of age, wealth or affiliation, have the ability to leave a legacy.
Your legacy gift of any size can be customized and structured to fit your dreams, lifestyle, family and financial needs. You can provide support for a particular organization or area of interest.
Leaving a legacy is simple. Some options include:
- Gift in a will or trust
- Gift of life insurance
- Gift of retirement funds
- Gift of cash or assets
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
As my parents planted for me before I was born, so do I plant for those who will come after me.”
HOW DO I BEGIN?
- The simplest method of leaving a legacy is through a will or trust.
- Or by adding or changing a beneficiary designation on a retirement fund or life insurance policy.
- Your legacy commitment can be a percentage or a specific dollar amount.
- You can establish an endowment with a contribution now or at the time your gift is realized.
- Some gifts can be structured to increase your current income.
David Kirschtel, Chief Executive Officer
email@example.com 845.362.4400 ext. 108