Meet our camp staff
My Chai (life)
There have been various mystical numerological speculations about the fact that, according to the system of gematria, the letters of chai add up to 18. For this reason, 18 is a spiritual number in Judaism.
So why not share 18 facts about ourselves as camp is a living and spiritual place.
JCC Rockland Camps Director
- I have two spectacular children who I adore more than anything in the world; they are my life.
- I can get by with just eating nothing but cookies and cake.
- I worked for Howard Stern on his radio show when he worked for Infinity Broadcasting and K-Rock. I was on-air many times with him and Robin Quivers.
- I am huge football fan and secretly know a lot about how the game is played.
- I just learned last year that Ross and Rachel (FRIENDS) ended up together in the series finale!
- Teaching nursery school was the best job that I ever had.
- I am a positive and optimistic person. I believe that the glass is always half full; even in the most trying times.
- I hate ketchup.
- I am afraid of heights and will absolutely never hang glide, hot air balloon or sky dive.
- I never leave home without my lip gloss and hairspray. A staple in my purse.
- I am absolutely certain that I can win The Amazing Race.
- Summer is my favorite season. I love the hot weather, flip flops and the beach. I would never swim in a public pool. Ewww…..
- I hate reptiles and spiders and any animals that drool.
- My dream is to retire to a Caribbean Island to sell hamburgers and drinks from a little beach shack.
- I love Reggae music.
- I hate to be late; I’m always on time or early. People who are consistently late are annoying.
- I love reality TV – Big Brother, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor and The Voice are top on my viewing list.
- I have never been on a date with Bon Jovi.
Assistant Camp Director
- I am a self-proclaimed Summer Camp Enthusiast! Camp is simply the BEST!
- I am addicted to Diet Coke. Any time. Any day. D.C., please!
- I love to laugh at a great joke. Comedy shows are my favorite.
- I love country music and early 2000’s pop. I have a pretty eclectic road trip playlist!
- I hate ketchup.
- My best friends from middle school are still my best friends today.
- Flip Flops are my favorite footwear and I love to bask in the sun on a hot day!
- When I was younger, I wanted to be a dolphin trainer when I grew up. I still think that would be a pretty cool job.
- I was a vegetarian for 20 minutes.
- I have three dogs – a chocolate lab named Champion and two twin sister miniature dachshunds named Phoebe and Riley.
- I can sing the names of all 50 states in alphabetical order.
- I still use aerosol hair spray, but don’t worry: I recycle the cans.
- I have a selfie stick. And I am not afraid to use it.
- A lot of my ideas come to me when I’m in the shower.
- I’m really into Instagram. A picture is really worth a thousand words.
- I have a scar on my arm from when I fell off of a golf cart at summer camp in 2011.
- When it comes to dancing, I have two left feet. Seriously, my dance moves are awful!
- I have won Saved by the Bell and FRIENDS trivia competitions.
JCC Rockland Camps Office Manager and Registrar
- I was born and raised in “Da Bronx”.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I have 3 children.
- I love the beach.
- I love watching my son play baseball. (he is on 3 teams).
- I have 2 Labrador Retrievers, Dakota (is yellow) and Sophie (is black).
- Sea Loins are my favorite animal.
- I love to go Jet Skiing.
- Diet Coke wakes me up in the morning.
- Spring is my favorite time of year.
- I have never gone to camp.
- I have one sister.
- My favorite show is Shark Tank.
- My family and I love to go on vacation.
- I love ice cream.
- My favorite restaurant is Mt. Fuji.
- I am very organized.
- My weakness is pretzels.
All Star Program Director
- My family is everything to me: My wife Suzi (is my rock, my love, my best friend in the world) my three children Noah, Ben, and Ava (my treasures in life)
- Put me on a fishing boat and I’m happy
- I hate snakes
- I love eating seafood
- I love coaching sports especially Baseball
- Teaching children was my call in life. I’m a high school Special Education Teacher in which I teach Algebra, Geometry, Advanced Algebra/Trig
- I named my dog “Jasper” after the Manhattan College Jaspers where I attended school
- When I win the New York Lottery for millions of dollars, I will donate a large portion to Autism Research
- Long lines at stores, sitting in traffic annoys me
- I’m very superstitious
- I tore my Achilles tendon during a celebration after winning a state sectional state title in baseball #embarassing #longrecovery
- My mother and father are absolutely my heroes in life
- Midnight Run, Goodfellas, and Rounders are my top three favorite movies of all time
- I want to go to Oregon to hunt the mythical legendary beast by the name of Sasquatch
- My favorite teams are: NY Yankees, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, SF 49ers
- Dairy Queen blizzards are my weakness
- I always wanted to be John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever
- When I retire, I want a shore house by the water
CIT and Special Events Director
- I graduated SUNY Oneonta with a degree in History and will now be pursuing a Master’s degree in Elementary Special Education.
- I am a two time ”Wobble” champion on Norwegian Cruise Lines!
- I’ve been to Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift concerts.
- I would like to think I created the beverage Arnold Palmer.
- I am a HUGE New York Mets, New York Jets and Brooklyn Nets fan- although none of them have ever won championships in my lifetime.
- I love eating fruit, although I’m allergic to a majority of them.
- My favorite places in the world are Disney World and Citi Field.
- If I could wear basketball shorts 24/7, 365, I would.
- I can never say no to any form of Ice Cream.
- Jersey Shore and Survivor are two of my favorite reality TV shows.
- I had a solo in my 6th grade chorus concert- that’s the extent of my musical career!
- I played football my whole life, including all 4 years of High School.
- My favorite meal that my mom makes is her chicken cutlets that she bakes in the oven.
- I’m a big WWE fan and make all my friends watch with me.
- One day when I’m older I want to install a Soda fountain in my house.
- If I could drive any car in the world it would be a Jeep Wrangler.
- I’ve been known to be the best selfie taker in the Hudson Valley.
- I have been at camp for 19 summers as a camper or staff.
Discover Program Director
- I am a HUGE New York Mets fan.
- I am also a NY Giants and NY Rangers fan!
- If I could only listen to one genre of music, it would be country music.
- My favorite artists are Chris Young and Brett Eldredge.
- I have been involved in sports my entire life, I played softball for 11 years, volleyball for 6 years and I have been bowling since I was in 9th grade.
- I bowl in a league and my high game is 257. My team just came in first place this year!
- I have worked at JCC Rockland Camps for the last two summers and at the after school program Beyond the Bell.
- My favorite restaurant is Blu Fig.
- I have a huge interest in photography, I even have my own website.
- I would not be able to get through the day without Dunkin Donuts.
- I have one sister, Deirdre. She was a counselor at Discover two years in a row.
- Almost my entire Dad’s side of the family lives in Ireland and we used to go as a family every year. I am going back this summer for the first time since I was in 4th grade.
- I graduated from Pearl River High School and Saint Thomas Aquinas College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications.
- My favorite season is the Fall.
- I wear/own enough camouflage to allow one to think I hunt every day of my life.
- I have lived in Pearl River, in the same house, for my entire life.
- . I can practically quote almost every episode of Full House.
- I have always wanted a dog (but never owned one).
JLand Program Director
- I have 3 boys: Alex (16) Danny (14) Cooper (9) and my husband’s name is Adam.
- I was going to be a pediatrician and I have a Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences and a Master’s Degree in teaching.
- I taught first grade for 5 years.
- I love to ski.
- I love music but have no musical ability, although I do love to sing all day long.
- I lived in Belgium for two years when I was 10 and was fluent in French. (I may be able to converse with you-it just would take a looooong time).
- I have two older brothers who tortured me.
- I have gone paragliding: you run off the side of a mountain with a parachute.
- I love rock climbing.
- I wish I could travel to every single country and learn every language.
- I love to laugh, cook, eat and garden.
- One of my favorite school plays I was in as a child was Free to Be You and Me.
- I used to go horseback riding.
- I have no cavities, never had stitches, or ever broken a bone.
- When I was little I took gymnastics and ballet but still could never do a cartwheel.
- I wish I could be in school forever.
- I ride my bike for 30 miles around NYC to raise money for MS.
- I think was meant to work at DKECC and JLand.
Summer STEM Program Director
- Favorite saying “it’s all about the timing”.
- Favorite movie quote “Aloha Mr. Hand” and “No shoes no shirt no dice!” Both from the same movie.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I love to cook …and eat…that usually works out well.
- The Giants are my favorite football team.
- I am a big fan of 90’s Seattle music.
- A Late 60’s convertible Mustang is my favorite car.
- July is the best month of the year (no school, and my birth month).
- I am a dog lover…I have 2 labs Emmy and Tony.
- I used to say gym was my favorite subject at school, but now that I am a science teacher…Its science.
- I would love to go on vacation anywhere in Italy (I think I was Italian in a past life).
- I like when it’s quiet… As a middle school teacher for 25 years, I enjoy quiet time these days.
- I enjoy working out (What a great gym at the JCC).
- My favorite TV show used to be Seinfeld, now its Big Bang Theory.
- I graduated from University of Maryland.
- I think Jimmy Fallon is the best late night TV host, but I am usually asleep before he comes on.
- I enjoy movies about time travel or anything Marvel.
- I love being home with my wife and 3 children.
Aquatics Program Director
- I LOVE the beach!
- I am a kindergarten teacher.
- I have a nephew and a niece that are Army kids.
- I hate peanut butter!!!!
- I love to bake for all occasions.
- I’m a Jersey Girl.
- I have a black cat.
- I love flips! (Actually all shoes….)
- I like to go for walks.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I have a younger sister.
- My favorite food is pizza.
- I was on the gymnastics team in high school.
- I played the flute & piccolo.
- I love country music.
- I love ice cream.
- I’ve been to Kansas.
- I love the Yankees.
Assistant Aquatics Director
- I met my husband working at a day camp when I was 18
- I have two daughters , one of them is engaged
- I love going to the beach
- I love to go into NYC and walk around
- I really enjoy listening to 50’s music
- I would love to live in an apartment in a cute little town
- I’ve worked as a nursery school for 22 years and still love it
- I have been a lifeguard at camps for 21 years
- I enjoy cooking
- I love being with my family and friends
- I can watch the Hallmark movie channel 24/7
- My favorite show growing up was Gidget
- My favorite wine is Moscato
- I love Starbucks
- My favorite color is black
- General Hospital is my favorite soap opera
- My favorite movie is The Way We Were
- Accepting the job at DKECC at the JCC was one of my best decisions I’ve made
- My husband is my best friend. We have known each other since we were 4 years old.
- My daughter Jodi teaches Pre -K at the JCC I am so proud of her and lucky she lives close to me.
- I have a beautiful granddaughter who I call “Dolly,” she is everything to me!
- I have a son who is on the Autism Spectrum. He is a brilliant musical savant.
- I am very community spirited. I develop training courses for nurses and hospitals. I am starting a support group for parents of children with mental health and developmental disabilities.
- I can’t live without chocolate. I must have it every evening.
- Don’t speak to me before I have my coffee in the morning.
- I am a Starbucks junkie. My favorite drink is a 5 shot flat white with caramel drizzle.
- I have a black lab puppy named Louie. I just Love, Love, Love him!
- “Just because you can, does not mean you should.”
- Cooking and baking is a passion of mine. There are always home-made cookies in my kitchen.
- I love to knit, especially with good, unique yarns.
- I volunteer for the Soup Angels Soup Kitchen. I am a “Soup Angel Baker.”
- I love Ray Donovan and just learned season 6 is going to be filmed at OD’s in Nyack!
- I love to sit on my porch and enjoy the people walking, riding bikes and the Hudson River View.
- RN Boot camp is my tutoring business where I help struggling students to success. I also teach CPR.
- One of my favorites places is the Cliff House in Maine. I love the water crashing on the rocks.
- I have been a nurse for over 40 years, teaching and fixing all levels of Boo Boo’s, helping to make people feel better. I Love being a Nurse! It’s who I am not what I do!
All Star and Jr. Sports
- I am married to an amazing woman named Stephanie
- I have 3 children Alex, Dean, and Nina. All of them work at Sports Camp (I am very fortunate)
- I am a former NYC Police Detective
- Unfortunately I was at 9/11
- I own RBI Sports
- I grew up in Clarkstown NY
- Favorite Sports teams: NY Yankees NY Jets NY Knicks and NY Islanders
- I pitched a Perfect Game in H.S.
- We have 3 Dogs, Lil Al, Paulie, and Tony
- My Favorite movies are Rudy, Field of Dreams, and Donnie Brasco
- Favorite Food is Steak and Scallops
- Lazy People Really Annoy me
- I love meeting new people
- Our family loves Las Vegas
- Favorite TV Show Big Brother
- I love Freestyle Dance music
- I learn something NEW from someone EVERYDAY!
- Working with the JCC has been an AWESOME EXPERIENCE
JLand Assistant Program Director
- I met my husband Warren on JDate.
- I love roller coasters.
- I have a 2 year old son named Ryder and this will be his second summer attending JLand.
- I once met and talked to Jerry Seinfeld and Matthew Broderick on a street corner in NYC when they were taking a break from bike riding together.
- I worked in advertising sales for 6 years before coming to the J.
- I unfortunately enjoy reality TV.
- I have always been obsessed with Broadway musicals and have seen too many to count.
- I love standup comedy and have seen some of my favorites multiple times.
- I have a younger brother named Ethan.
- I attended day camp for 17 summers. Spent 10 years as a camper and 7 as a counselor and this will be my 3rd summer at JLand!
- I have always loved to paint landscapes and have some of my paintings hanging in my home.
- I won my Mexican honeymoon in a raffle.
- I grew up in New City and attended Clarkstown North but currently reside in Mahwah, New Jersey with my family.
- I went to SUNY Oneonta where I received a Bachelors in Communication Studies and a minor in English.
- My favorite movie is E.T.
- I have a 4 year old black lab mix named Daisy.
- I spent 3 years living in NYC and 4 years living in Hoboken NJ before moving back to the suburbs.
- I once broke my foot while walking down a step!
Jr Sports Program Director
- I am married to my wife Gail and have two kids Faith and Cole.
- I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California.
- I love the warm weather, especially when it is at the beach.
- I was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers as a shortstop.
- I teach Physical Education and Health at a high school in the Bronx.
- I love to watch all sports on TV and in person.
- My favorite sports teams are the Dodgers, Lakers, Yankees, NY Giants, Jets, Kings and NY Rangers.
- I eat popcorn almost every night due to my wife’s popcorn addiction.
- I am a baseball instructor at RBI Sports and coach several teams, such as the Clarkstown Stars and both my kids little league teams.
- I love to watch 30 for 30 documentaries on ESPN.
- I love ice cream and my favorite flavors would include chocolate, vanilla with chocolate syrup, caramel delight with of course chocolate syrup and many more that you can put chocolate syrup on it.
- My passion is baseball and love to teach it to young kids.
- My dream vacation spot would be Australia.
- My favorite type of music is almost everything except country. (sorry country fans)
- I love BBQ’s and any food that can be cooked on the grill.
- I have an obsession with the number 3, which was my uniform number.
- If I had my choice I would wear shorts and a t shirt everyday.
- I love animals, especially my pitbull Labrador mix.
Assistant Program Director of Discover
- My favorite animal is dogs.
- My favorite food is Mac and cheese.
- I like to collect cute coffee mugs.
- My favorite color is turquoise.
- I enjoy crafting and baking.
- My favorite thing in the world is candles.
- If I could, I would eat dessert for every meal.
- My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast.
- I am a certified special education teacher.
- If I could have any other job besides being a teacher, I would be an interior designer.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday.
- I am an only child.
- I love country music.
- I’ve been spending my summers at day camp since I was 5 years old.
- Chocolate is a staple in my diet.
- I love the beach.
- My favorite season is fall because of the pretty colors and I get to break out my sweaters.
- My favorite sport is hockey! (Ice and field hockey).
J-Trippers program Director
- I went on birthright over the summer.
- My favorite flavor ice cream is cookie dough.
- I played competitive softball until I was 18. My positions were mostly catcher and third base.
- Chocolate chip pancakes are my breakfast specialty .
- I love to ski.
- I only like the red and purple skittles.
- Coldplay is one of my favorite bands.
- I traveled to Ireland this past summer and visited Belfast, Dublin and Galway.
- I am a master in education student at Hunter College.
- My favorite food is sushi.
- My dream dog is a golden doodle.
- I like to play tennis.
- I have an older sister named Molly.
- One of my favorite books is, “All The Light We Can Not See” by Anthony Doerr.
- I participated in JCC Maccabi 2 times. Once in basketball and once in softball.
- I hate raisins and olives.
- If I could travel anywhere in the world right now I would go to Paris.
- I’ve seen the movie Inside Out at least 5 Times.