Pickleball IS NOW at the J!
**Reservations are available between 12-2pm unless clinics are in session.
Call or stop by the Fitness Reception Desk to reserve 1 hour of court time up to 2 days in advance.
Tuesday Evenings (through April 7): 5:30-8:30pm
**Half gym after 7:30pm
**Half gym after 2pm
Special Sunday Hours
March 29: 2:30-6pm
Pickleball at the JCC Rockland is a recreational and social activity which is open to players of all levels.
- Courts on the LEFT side of the gymnasium are for more advanced play.
- When more than 8 people are waiting to play games are played to 9 points, win by 1.
- If you hit a ball onto the other court, call out “Ball on court”. Do not run onto another court unannounced.
- Come prepared with proper footwear.
- Stretch before and after you play.
- Never dive in order to hit a ball.
- If someone falls or gets injured, all play stops until their needs are addressed.
- Stay hydrated! Bring a bottle of water with you.
New players welcome.
Our Pickleball Community is here to help. We are happy to pair you with a seasoned Pickleball buddy to teach you the fundamentals and get you started. Prior to meeting with your buddy, we strongly suggest that you acquaint yourself with the game, rules, and scoring by watching YouTube videos.
Your buddy can help you to determine your level of play and will explain the open play process. Please review our JCC PICKLEBALL ETIQUETTE page before you meet.
JCC Pickleball Etiquette
Get your FREE 7 day pass
Here are some videos that may help you get started: