JCC Rockland Camps is seeking two male counselors to join our Teen Travel program team. Teen Travel provides teens a unique summer camp experience where teens entering grades 6-9 venture out on day trips, late night trips and overnight excursions all summer long.
As a Counselor, you will find yourself on an exciting adventure every day with the campers. Explore cities across the north east, visit area beaches, go to sporting events, amusement parks, enjoy interactive workshops, attend special events, and more! Throughout the summer, the campers and staff will also participate in community service projects that teach the value of giving back and take part in All Camps programing such as Color Run.
At Teen Travel we play hard and work even harder. As a Counselor, you will chaperone our campers on trips daily, create wonderful summer camp memories, provide guidance and act as a positive role model.
If you smile a little more than the average bear, always put ‘having fun’ at the top of your to-do list and want to have a positive impact on the lives of our teenage campers, this job is for you.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Loves camp and has wanted to go back ever since they were told they were ‘too old for camp’
• Is a born leader and self-starter
• Has previous experience working at camp and/or with teens
• Is extremely organized (and probably has a clean bedroom)
• Is at least 20 years old
• Has a positive, personable outlook, energetic, happy, hardworking, effective in high-pressure situations and has significant attention to detail
• Must enjoy working in a small team environment
M & W Day Trips 8:30am-5:30pm
Tuesday Late Night Trip 8:30am-7:30pm
Thursday into Friday Overnight Trip 8:30am Thursday—5:00pm Friday
Stipend for the summer based on experience.