JCC Rockland is seeking counselors to join our Teen Travel camp team. Teen Travel camp provides a unique and engaging summer experience for teens entering grades 6-9 where they will venture out on day trips, late night trips and overnight excursions all summer long.
As a counselor, you will find yourself on an exciting adventure everyday with the campers. Explore cities across the north east, visit area beaches, go to sporting events, amusement parks, enjoy interactive workshops, attend special events and more!
As a counselor, you will chaperone our campers on trips daily, create wonderful summer camp memories, provide guidance and act as a positive role model.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Loves camp and has wanted to go back ever since they were told they were ‘too old for camp’
• Is a born leader and self-starter
• Has previous experience working at camp and/or with teens
• Is extremely organized (and probably has a clean bedroom)
• Is at least 20 years old
• Has a positive, personable outlook, energetic, happy, hardworking, effective in high-pressure situations and has significant attention to detail
• Must enjoy working in a small team environment
Monday & Wednesday Day Trips 8:30am-5:30pm
Tuesday Late Night Trip 8:30am-7:30pm
Thursday into Friday Overnight Trip 8:30am Thursday—5:00pm Friday
Stipend for the summer based on experience.