Minimum entering grade 12
Join the 92nd Street Y Camps staff team! We are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic individuals to work as Camp Counselors at our summer camp Yomi partnered with JCC Rockland. 92Y’s team philosophy creates a stimulating work environment in which every staff member is valued. Camp runs Mon-Fri, for 8 weeks from June 29 until August 18; with a pre-camp orientation. Camp Counselors are responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. Campers range from entering K-6th grades.
• Daily supervision of campers, including meeting campers at JCC Rockland, supervising campers while in transit to and from Camp, supervising campers during all camp activities and early & late care.
• Assist regularly scheduled program activities (art, sports, nature, crafts, cooking, etc) commensurate with the abilities, limitations and needs of individual campers.
• Communicate regularly to Head Counselor, Unit Supervisor and Camp Director observations and concerns with regard to the needs and problems of individual campers.
• Assume responsibilities for the health and safety of campers, with complete awareness of campers’ whereabouts at all times
• Provide support and assistance to campers and nurture campers at all times while respecting their privacy and sense of self-worth.
• Come prepared every day to fully participate in the Camp’s activities, including the swim program, unless prevented by medical reason.
• Read and understand the policies of Camp as set forth in the Staff manual that you will be given during Orientation and at all times comply with its rules and regulations, including dress code and emergency procedures
• Exude enthusiasm for Camp life and activities
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
• Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with energy and creativity
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• We are also interested in fluent Hebrew speakers to work at camp ilanot, 92Y’s Hebrew immersion camp