JCC Rockland Camps is seeking a talented and experienced professional to join our team. JCC Rockland Camps provide unique and engaging summer experience for youth ages 18 months- entering 10th grades. We are seeking an adult with talent and skills in the arts and crafts field and a proven track record of instruction for youth.
As a Specialist, you will function in a teaching role and see anywhere from 6-10 groups daily. You will be responsible for lesson planning, implementing the activity and offering instruction and direction to both the campers and staff.
JCC Rockland Camps prides itself on having amazing, creative, skilled, friendly and professional staff. In this position you have the power and opportunity to build relationships and foster memories that will last a lifetime. All camp staff provide guidance and act as positive role models for the campers and their fellow camp staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Has a strong skill set and ability to teach in the following areas:
Arts & Crafts
Cooking/Baking (to make weekly challah with the younger groups)
• Strong leadership skills and a self-starter
• Has previous experience working in a camp environment and teaching youth ages 2-15 years old
• Is at least 20 years old
• Great organizational and communication skills
• Has a positive, personable outlook, energetic, happy, hardworking, effective in high-pressure situations and has significant attention to detail
• Must enjoy working in a team environment
Monday- Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
June 26- Aug 18 (no camp July 4)
With additional dates and times for orientation and set up in June
Stipend for the summer based on experience, specialty and amount of time working