JUNE 25-AUG 17, 2018 (No camp July 4)
4 WEEKLY SESSIONS
9AM-4PM Before and aftercare available (additional fee)
Summer STEM is a bi-weekly summer program focusing on the campers interests with intense workshops based on specialty areas of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics). This program joins the JCC Rockland Camps family providing a unique experience for campers that enjoy being creative with their minds while still getting to take part in the excitement and memories that come with a traditional camp experience (activities include; swim, archery, gaga, ropes course, soccer, volleyball and more.)
2018 Weekly Themes
Forensics and Biology
- Solve crimes using forensic tools.
- Lab work with microscopes.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Chemistry and Cooking
- Chemical and physical changes.
- Intro to basic chemistry.
- Chemistry of cooking food.
- Density Labs and using a triple beam balance.
Coding, Computers and Cameras
- Gaming and Minecraft, Scratch and coding.
- Into to photography/videography
Rocketry and Flight
- Building and launching model rockets.
- Paper airplane lab.
**weekly themes subject to change.
JCC Camps are permitted to operate by the New York State Department of Health. JCC Camps are inspected twice a year and the inspection reports are filed at the Rockland County Department of Health.
Meet Eric Goldstein, Summer STEM Program Director.
Learn 18 things about Eric.