JUNE 25-AUG 17, 2018 (No camp July 4)
4 WEEKLY SESSIONS
9AM-4PM Before and aftercare available (additional fee)
Summer STEM is a bi-weekly summer program focusing on the campers interests with intense workshops based on specialty areas of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics). This program joins the JCC Rockland Camps family providing a unique experience for campers that enjoy being creative with their minds while still getting to take part in the excitement and memories that come with a traditional camp experience (activities include; swim, archery, gaga, ropes course, soccer, volleyball and more.)
2018 Weekly Themes
Forensics and Biology
- Solve crimes using forensic tools.
- Lab work with microscopes.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Chemistry and Cooking
- Chemical and physical changes.
- Intro to basic chemistry.
- Chemistry of cooking food.
- Density Labs and using a triple beam balance.
Coding, Computers and Cameras
- Gaming and Minecraft, Scratch and coding.
- Into to photography/videography
Rocketry and Flight
- Building and launching model rockets.
- Paper airplane lab.
**weekly themes subject to change.
JCC Camps are permitted to operate by the New York State Department of Health. JCC Camps are inspected twice a year and the inspection reports are filed at the Rockland County Department of Health.
Meet Eric Goldstein, Summer STEM Program Director.
Learn 18 things about Eric.
Meet Sara Nybro, Summer STEM Assistant Program Director.
Learn 18 things about Sara.