fitness class schedule
Pickleball Courts are open.
Showers and lockers are open. Shower stalls will have body wash, conditioner, and shampoo. Please bring all other amenities, including a towel, razors, hair dryers, mouthwash, and other personal items you need. New York State law still prohibits us from opening the saunas and steam rooms.
Group Exercise Classes
- The schedule is on the JCC Rockland App.
- Reserve your spot on the App.
- If working out in the Fitness Center and taking a class during the same visit, please make reservations for each.
- Bring your own mat and towel.
- Bring a filled water bottle.
- Classes will be added throughout the month. Check the app for updates.
What you can expect in our studios:
- All studios have MERV-14 air filtration systems
- New cleaning protocols before and after class
- Extra sanitation stations
Enhanced Virtual Fitness
EXCITING NEWS! We are launching all new virtual classe., available on our app. (They will no longer be available on Facebook or our website.) Choose classes from your favorite JCC instructors plus a wide array of top fitness experts. Download the app TODAY! (Note: Virtual classes will no longer be available on Facebook or our website.)
You can use the basketball courts for shooting hoops as part of your regular Fitness Center Reservation
- Available in one-hour blocks.
- Singles play only. No doubles. Only one member needs to reserve the court.
- Courts will be sanitized between reservations with an electrostatic spray-cleaner.
- Use discretion and follow safety protocols.
- Bring your own equipment.
- If working out in the Fitness Center and using the court during the same visit, please make reservations for each.
Eisenkraft gymnasium open gym times
- Shooting hoops for single player/same household/cohort play.
- Use discretion and follow safety protocols.
- Bring your own ball.
- Can be used during your fitness center reservation.
- No pick-up games.
Private Pilates and Personal Training
All previously purchased sessions have extended expiration dates.
What will it be like in the Fitness Center?
We are limiting our capacity to 33%, and using a reservation system on the JCC Rockland App. Both are requirements from NY State.
Reservations will be in 90-minute increments. You can reserve your spot 3 days in advance.
For more information about making reservations, see the video on this page. Walk-ins are welcome, provided we have not exceeded our limit. If we are at capacity, you will not be allowed entry.
In advance of your visit, you can see availability directly on the app.
Upon entry, members and staff will answer a brief health questionnaire and have their temperature taken. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed inside. Additionally, all members and staff will sign a new “Code of Conduct.”
Please bring your mask. All staff and members will need to wear a mask while inside. This is a NY State requirement. Please consider this and how it might impact your workout.
The cardio, stretching, and strength training areas of the Russin Fitness & Wellness Center are open and available.
If you would like to use an exercise mat, please bring your own. We have removed many smaller items (bands, yoga blocks, etc.) to accommodate new regulations. You are welcome to bring your own.
You will see that we acquired 18 new pieces of cardio equipment in the Fitness center. Our Fitness Staff looks forward to showing them off to you!
Every other piece of cardio will be available. Staff will implement a 30-minute time-limit when members are waiting for equipment.
Bathrooms, lockers, and showers will be available in the locker rooms.
Steam room and sauna are closed, and mandated by NY State.
There will be no towel service.
Re-organized spaces and equipment to allow for social distance.
Water stations will have the bottle-fill feature only. Please bring a water bottle.
You will see increased cleaning and sanitation efforts, including a backpack-style electrostatic spray-cleaner that our Clean Team will use.
We have installed a MERV-14 air filtration system, which exceeds the requirement from NY State.
A color-coded system for free weights and other small equipment that easily identifies which items our Clean Team has cleaned. (Green=Clean. Red=Will be cleaned shortly.)
Increased signage reminding everyone to wipe-down equipment before and after use, wash hands before and after working out, social distance, etc.
We anticipate each phase of our re-opening lasting approximately 2 weeks.
We are committed to being diligent in our safety protocols, as well as our understanding that this is a very fluid situation. We are prepared to adjust as needed. Please continue to check this page for updates.
How to make reservations
Because your safety is our top priority, we are using a reservation system to ensure we can adhere to all social distance requirements-so you can safely and confidently enjoy what we call social fitness at the J.
You can access the reservation from the JCC Rockland App. Here’s how to book your workout in the Fitness Center:
- Open the JCC Rockland App on your smartphone or tablet.
- Click on Fitness Center Reservations.
- Select the day any time of of your workout.
- Select Book.
- Touch the blue bar to confirm.
You are all set!