2018 JCC Maccabi Games™
Orange County, California
August 5-10, 2018
13 – 16 y.o. for the Games™ (by July 31st, 2018)
Join other JCC delegations for this week long tournament. Interested athletes must identify as being Jewish, and between the ages of 13 & 16 as of July 1, 2018, to participate.
The experience begins on Sunday with an opening ceremony and the competition continues through Thursday, August 9 with a closing ceremony in the evening. Athletes return home on Friday morning.
Registration for athletes wishing to participate in swimming, tennis, dance, table tennis, golf, and star reporter is now open.
Eligibility, Tryouts & Registration
Boys Basketball 14U
Boys Basketball 16U
Girls Basketball 16U
Boys Baseball 14U
Boys Baseball 16U
Boys Soccer 16U
Boys Soccer 14U
Girls Soccer 16U
Boys Lacrosse 16U
Girls Lacrosse 16U
Ice Hockey 16U
Girls Volleyball 16U
Flag Football 16U
Girls Softball 16U
Boys and Girls Tennis 13-16
Boys and Girls Table Tennis 13-16
Track and Field
Tryout Process for Team Sports
All team sport athletes will be required to attend a tryout. Additional tryout dates may be scheduled at the JCC’s discretion. At the end of the tryout period, teams will be selected and all athletes that tried out will be notified.
Tryout schedule TBD
All Team Rockland athletes must:
- Be between the ages of 13 and 16 as of July 31, 2018 to compete.
- Have at least one Jewish parent and identify as being Jewish on a year-round basis.
- Reside in Rockland County, Orange County, or some parts of northern Bergen County.
Team Rockland athletes are required to:
- Be available for practices in the Spring (if needed).
- Attend an orientation session in the summer prior to the Games (a parent may attend if the athlete is unavailable).
- Be available the entire week of the Games, from the Opening Ceremony on Sunday night until the closing party on Thursday night. All members of Team Rockland must participate in all events the week of the Games.
- Follow all rules and regulations as stated in the athlete confirmation kit.
All athletes will be notified by phone after the tryouts have been completed. If the athlete has made the team, a $250 deposit must be given within 48 hours to reserve the space.
Athletes participating in individual events may register on a first-come, first-served basis by paying a $250 deposit. Space may be limited in some individual events.
Fees & Payments
The cost of participating with Team Rockland is:
All Maccabi participants must be a current JCC Rockland community member through the duration of the games. For those who are not members, the cost to become a community member is an additional $250.
All paperwork and fees are due by April 1, 2018.
After this date, a late fee of $150 per late item will be assessed and your participation may be at risk.
Limited financial aid is available. For information please contact Emily Shotland: email@example.com at 845.362.4400
Fundraising & Scholarships
There are many opportunities to reduce the cost for participation in the JCC Maccabi Games.
- Teams can fundraise by holding a coin drop in front of bagel stores, or supermarkets, etc. Coins drops will be credited at 100%.
- Win the essay contest; athletes can submit an essay on “Why is it important to remember the Munich 11 athletes”. First prize is $300 and second prize is $200.
- The Jason Green Memorial JCC Maccabi Award is available based on need.