JCC Rockland is seeking Junior Counselors to join our team. JCC Rockland Camps provide a unique and engaging summer experience for youth ages 18months- entering 8th grade.
As a Junior Counselor, your role will include interacting with the campers and following directions and needs from the Head Counselor in your group.
At JCC Rockland Camps we LOVE to have fun and get silly. As a Junior Counselor, you will be responsible for overall camper safety and well-being in addition you will be asked to help with lesson planning for group time and to implement games, crafts and activities with your group over this exciting 8 week program. In this job you have the power and opportunity to build relationships and memories that will last a lifetime. All camp staff provide guidance and act as a positive role models for the campers and their fellow camp staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Understands camp culture and the importance of their position as a role model to the campers
• Is a strong leader and self-starter
• Has previous experience working at camp and/or with youth ages 18 months-12 years old
• Is extremely organized
• Is at least 16 years old or entering 11th grade
• Has a positive, personable outlook, energetic, happy, hardworking, effective in high-pressure situations and has significant attention to detail
• Must enjoy working in a team environment
Monday- Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
June 26- Aug 18 (no camp July 4)
With additional days and hours for orientation during the two weeks prior
Stipend for the summer based on experience.