JCC Rockland is seeking General Counselors to join our Camp team. JCC Rockland Camps provide a unique and engaging summer experience for youth ages 18months- entering 8th grade.
As a General Counselor, your role will include assisting the Head Counselor supervise a group of campers and support staff.
At JCC Rockland Camps we LOVE to have fun and get silly. As a General Counselor, you will be responsible for overall camper safety and well-being in addition you will be asked to help with lesson planning for group time and to implement games, crafts and activities with your group over this exciting 8 week program. In this job you have the power and opportunity to build relationships and memories that will last a lifetime. All camp staff provide guidance and act as a positive role models for the campers and their fellow camp staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Loves camp and has wanted to go back ever since they were told they were ‘too old for camp’
• Is a born leader and self-starter
• Has previous experience working at camp and/or with youth ages 18 month-12 years old
• Is extremely organized (and probably has a clean bedroom)
• Is at least 18 years old
• Has a positive, personable outlook, energetic, happy, hardworking, effective in high-pressure situations and has significant attention to detail
• Must enjoy working in a team environment
M- F 8:30am-4:30pm
June 26- Aug 18 (no camp July 4)
With additional days and hours for orientation during the two weeks prior
Stipend for the summer based on experience.