JCC Rockland is seeking counselors to join our camp team. JCC Rockland Camps provide a unique and engaging summer experience for children ages 18 months- entering 8th grade. As a Group Counselor, you will find yourself in a leadership role supervising a group of campers and support staff.
As a Group Counselor, you will be responsible for overall camper safety and well-being. You can use your creativity to prepare and implement games, crafts and activities for your group over the exciting 8 week program. In this job you have the power and opportunity to build relationships and memories that will last a lifetime. All camp staff provide guidance and act as a positive role model for the campers and their fellow camp staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Understands camp culture and willingness to fully participate in all camp activities and events
• Is a strong leader and self-starter
• Has previous experience working at camp and/or with children ages 18 months-12 years old
• Is extremely organized
• Has a positive and personable outlook, energetic, happy, hardworking, effective in high-pressure situations and has significant attention to detail
• Must enjoy working in a team environment
Monday- Friday, June 29-August 21, M-F 8:30am-4:30pm
(no camp July 3)
Additional days and hours for orientation
Stipend for the summer based on experience.
Director Camping Services
845.362.4400 | firstname.lastname@example.org apply online