TLI is an elite two year leadership and philanthropic program where local Jewish teens in grades 9-10 can make an impact on their community.
- Develop as leaders within the Jewish community.
- Participate in monthly educational programs.
- Engage with friends in programs to help the community.
- Review grant proposals and allocate funds.
- Gain valuable experience that will help build your resume and stand out when applying to college.
- Create and nurture relationships with influential community leaders.
Teens must complete an application, receive a minimum of two recommendations and attend a screening interview before being accepted.
Applications for the class of 2021 will begin this summer.
Recommendations should be completed by an influential adult in the teen’s life. i.e. Rabbi, Religious school teacher, High School teacher, Coach.
Interviews and acceptances will be conducted on a rolling starting October 1st, 2018. Only 18 teens will be accepted.
- 11/14: Jewish Values and Teen Philanthropy – Welcome to TLI!
- 12/10: Philanthropy Guest Speaker Panel
- 1/10: Building Consensus & Listening Skills
- 2/7: Evaluating Communal Need
- 3/11: Exploring Universalism vs Pluralism
- 4/11: Service Learning & Understanding Organizational Mission
- 5/8: What’s Next? – Beginning the Grant Making Process
- 11/6: Year 2 Kickoff & Sending of Request for Proposals
- 12/12: Developing Criteria for Proposal Evaluation
- 1/13: Proposal Reading & Preparation for Site Visits
- 2/13: Site Visits / Applicant Interviews
- 3/16: Site Visits / Applicant Interviews
- 4/22: Evaluations & Final Allocation Decision
- 5/7: Siyuum & Graduation with Grant Recipients
- $250 for two years. A portion of these funds will be used towards the grant
JCC Rockland supplies a partial match of funds to be used for grant allocation.
Program partially funded by Jewish Federation and Foundation of Rockland.