TLI is an elite two year leadership and philanthropic program where local Jewish teens in grades 9-10 can make an impact on their community.
- Develop as leaders within the Jewish community.
- Participate in monthly educational programs.
- Engage with friends in programs to help the community.
- Review grant proposals and allocate funds.
- Gain valuable experience that will help build your resume and stand out when applying to college.
- Create and nurture relationships with influential community leaders.
TLI COHORT V dates
- 11/6: Year 2 Kickoff & Sending of Request for Proposals
- 12/12: Developing Criteria for Proposal Evaluation
- 1/13: Proposal Reading & Preparation for Site Visits
- 2/25: Site Visits / Applicant Interviews
- 3/16: Site Visits / Applicant Interviews
- 4/22: Evaluations & Final Allocation Decision
- 5/14: Siyuum & Graduation with Grant Recipients
TLI COHORT VI dates
- 11/18: Jewish Values and Teen Philanthropy – Welcome to TLI!
- 12/11: Philanthropy Guest Speaker Panel
- 1/16: Building Consensus & Listening Skills
- 2/12: Evaluating Communal Need
- 3/19: Exploring Universalism vs Pluralism
- 4/20: Service Learning & Understanding Organizational Mission
- 5/4: What’s Next? – Beginning the Grant Making Process
- 11/12: Year 2 Kickoff & Sending of Request for Proposals
- 12/16: Developing Criteria for Proposal Evaluation
- 1/14: Proposal Reading & Preparation for Site Visits
- 2/3: Site Visits / Applicant Interviews
- 3/3: Site Visits / Applicant Interviews
- 4/5: Evaluations & Final Allocation Decision
- 5/12: Siyuum & Graduation with Grant Recipients
Teens must complete an application, receive a minimum of two recommendations and attend a screening interview before being accepted.
Applications for Cohort VI are now open for rising 9th and 10th grades.
Interviews and acceptances will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only 18 teens will be accepted.
- $250 for two years. A portion of these funds will be used towards the grant
JCC Rockland supplies a partial match of funds to be used for grant allocation.
Program partially funded by Jewish Federation and Foundation of Rockland.