BBYO is the fastest-growing Jewish teen program in Rockland! Open to all Jewish teens in Grades 8 through 12, BBYO is the leading pluralistic Jewish teen movement in North America. With more than 600 chapters worldwide, Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA) and B’nai B’rith Girls (BBG) offer a place for teens to grow as individuals and be part of something larger than themselves.
JCC Rockland’s Lizrom BBYO chapter is part of the Hudson Valley Region. BBYO meets every other week at various locations around Rockland. Chapter meetings are always teen-led and include social, community service, and leadership development.
Regional events bring together teens from all over Rockland and Westchester counties for engaging, sophisticated, and energetic programming. If you have never been to a BBYO event, come visit a chapter meeting or regional event to learn more and get involved!
BBYO Upcoming Events
- Monday, Jan 20: BBYO Dinner at Rocco’s Pizza in New City, 7pm
- Tuesday, Feb 4: BBYO Chapter Program, 7:30-8:30pm
- Wednesday, Feb 12: BBYO Social and Teen Leadership Lab, 7:00-9:00pm
- Thursday, Feb 13: Monday, Feb 17: BBYO International Convention in Dallas, TX
- Saturday, Feb 29: Regional Event
- Wednesday, Mar 4: BBYO Chapter Program, 7:30-8:30pm
- Friday, Mar 13 – Sun, Mar 15: Regional Overnight
- Monday, March 30: BBYO Social and Teen Leadership Lab, 7:00-9:00pm
- Friday, April 3: BBYO Shabbat Dinner with Israel Teens, 6:30pm
- Friday, Apr 15: Sunday, Apr 17 – Regional Spring Convention
- Monday, April 27: BBYO Chapter Program, 7:30-8:30pm
- Monday, May 4: BBYO Chapter Program, 7:30-8:30pm
- Wednesday, May 27: BBYO End of Year Event, 7:30-8:30pm
- Monday, June 1: Chapter Elections
For a full event calendar, please contact Brent: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT BBYO INTERNATIONAL
As a global teen movement, BBYO reaches over 80,000 Jewish teens across 35 countries. Learn more
Meet Your Chapter Advisor
Brent was born and raised in Nanuet and spent many years attending programs and working at JCC Rockland as a teenager. After spending the last few years working in the Jewish Community in San Francisco, California, Brent is thrilled to be back home in Rockland serving as the Director of Childrens Programs and Teen Engagement.
Brent feels truly blessed to be able to combine both his passion for Jewish life with his never-ending love for youth programing. In his free time, you can typically find Brent at the local Starbucks drinking iced coffee and brewing new ideas for BBYO or the upcoming summer at camp!