JCC Rockland Camps is seeking an individual to join the team as Camp Porter. JCC Rockland Camps provide a unique and engaging summer experience for youth ages 18 months- 10th grade. On our site in West Nyack, NY.
As the Camp Porter, your role will include but is not limited to the following.
Essential functions of the job:
• Fill, distribute, refill and clean up coolers and drink stations daily
• Maintain overall cleanliness of grounds and alert the professional maintenance and cleaning crews to any issues
• Accept delivery of all camp packages and see that they are distributed or stored correctly
• Assist Director of Food Services with set-up, clean-up and service for all lunch periods
• Distribute and clean up afternoon snack
• Help in the parking lot car line as directed
• Check the ropes course for abstractions and trash throughout each day, rack as needed
• Set up and clean-up of camp activity area supplies (i.e. archery, bikes, jump ropes…)
• Build positive and professional relationships with co-workers and campers along with other building staff
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs or more
• Follow through with limited supervision
• Ability to safely operate and drive golf cart
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• Has a positive, personable outlook, energetic, happy, hardworking, effective in high-pressure situations and has significant attention to detail
• Must enjoy working in a team environment
Staff #1- M- F 8:00am-1:30pm (5.5hrs)
Staff #2 M- F 11:30am- 5pm (5.5hrs)
June 26- Aug 18 (no camp July 4)
With additional days and hours for orientation and set up during the two weeks prior.
Stipend for the summer based on experience.