JCC Rockland Camps is seeking an individual to join the team as Camp Porter. JCC Rockland Camps provide a unique and engaging summer experience for children ages 18 months- 8th grade on our site in West Nyack, NY.
As the Camp Porter, your role will include but is not limited to the following.
Essential functions of the job:
• Fill, distribute, refill and clean up coolers and drink stations daily
• Maintain overall cleanliness of grounds and alert the professional maintenance and cleaning crews to any issues
• Accept delivery of all camp packages and see that they are distributed or stored correctly
• Assist Director of Food Services with set-up, clean-up and service for all lunch periods
• Distribute and clean up afternoon snack
• Help in the parking lot car line as directed
• Check the ropes course for abstractions and trash throughout each day, rack as needed
• Set up and clean-up of camp activity area supplies (i.e. archery, bikes, jump ropes…)
• Build positive and professional relationships with co-workers and campers along with other building staff
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs or more
• Work independently
• Ability to safely operate and drive golf cart
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Has a positive, personable outlook, energetic, happy, hardworking, effective in high-pressure situations and has significant attention to detail
• Must enjoy working in a team environment
M- F 8:30am-4:30pm
June 29 – Aug 21 (no camp July 3)
With additional days and hours for orientation and set up during the two weeks prior.
Stipend for the summer based on experience.
Director Camping Services
845.362.4400 | firstname.lastname@example.org apply online