FOR YOUTH IN GRADES KINDERGARTEN* – 7 GRADE
(Grades K to 7)
Campers will spend their day engaged in themed activities including arts and crafts, sports programs music, cooking, specialists, entertainers and more.
J ROCK TRIPS
(Grades 3 to 7)
J Rock Trips campers will find themselves on an exciting adventure every day. Hop on board and embark on adventures at entertainment and gaming centers, action venues and workshops arenas.
J ROCK Jr
J ROCK Dates and Themes
2017 2018 school year
- Mon, Oct 9 Creation Station
Explore your creative side with art and robotics. This day has something for everyone.
- Tues, Nov 7 Get Your Game On
Create your own games and play some of your favorite games. This day is filled with games that are physical and some that will challenge your brain.
- Fri, Nov 10 Fall Festival
We will enjoy a day of all things fall, make your own scarecrow, and taste yummy apple treats and even ride a pony.
- Tues, Dec 26 Winter Wonderland
Snow cones and snowmen we will embrace the cold and enjoy a little winter.
- Wed, Dec 27** Life’s a Ball
Spend the day playing all games that include a ball; ping pong, fosse ball, basketball, soccer and more.
- Thurs, Dec 28** Science Wizards
Dry ice ice cream, Legos and experiments. Step in to our lab and let out your inner scientist out.
- Fri, Dec 29 New Year’s Eve Eve Eve Party
Party like its 2017, we will decorate our space, take part in silly Olympic style games, make special party snacks and dance the afternoon away with our DJ.
- Mon, Jan 15 Helping Hands
In celebration of MLK Jr we will spend part of our day giving back by doing projects to help our community.
- Mon, Feb 5 Frozen Food Frenzy
Tomorrow is National Frozen Yogurt day so why don’t we make some today. We will gather in the kitchen to stir up some delicious treats that are made from something frozen or are served frozen.
- Mon, Feb 19 Minute to Win It
Are you ready to challenge the clock and your friends? Step up to the plate for silly challenges and tons of fun.
- Tues, Feb 20** Animal Adventures
Cuddle up with cute and fury friends and some with scales. Learn all about the animals and where they are from.
- Wed, Feb 21 Test Your Taste Buds
It’s a food challenge where we will work out your taste buds. Can you guess the flavor? Enjoy making simple snacks and treats.
- Thurs, Feb 22 Hocus-pocus
Learn the tricks of the trade from a professional magician. Take home a trick that you can use to amaze your friends and family.
- Fri, Feb 23 Football Friday
Today we will explore all things football. We will play games, create team banners and chow down on traditional football snacks.
- Fri, Mar 9 March Madness
We will spend the day competing in challenges and filling in our bracket until there is a winner.
- Thurs, Mar 29** Spring Flowers
Help in the garden and plant your own seeds. We will decorate planters that you get to take home.
- Fri, Mar 30* Raise Your Paw
Meet with service animals and find out what they do. We will also make toys and blankets for a local animal shelter.
- Mon, Apr 2 April Fools
Tell me a joke. Learn how to write and tell jokes, take part in a silly obstacle course race and more.
- Tues, Apr 3** Pajama Day
Come in your pj’s and cuddle up with your favorite stuffed animal as we watch a movie and have sleeping bag races.
- Wed, Apr 4 Oppy Goopy
It might get a bit sticky as we make our own slime, gak and silly putty.
- Thurs, Apr 5** Lots of Matzah
Enjoy cooking and eating Passover treats.
- Fri, Apr 6 It’s fun at the Zoo
Meet and greet with some animals you might see when you visit a zoo right here at JCC Rockland.
- Thurs, May 24 Red, White & Blue
As we get ready for Memorial
- Fri, May 25 It’s National Paperclip Day
Take part in building and crafts all using paperclips.
*program ends at 4pm SHARP
**there will be a trip option on this date
Early Release Days
Wed, Oct 25 Clarkstown
Wed, Nov 8 Gerard Berman
Wed, Nov 22 Nyack & Gerard Berman
Wed, Jan 31 Clarkstown
Wed, Mar 21 Clarkstown
Last week of school in June- check back for updated coverage dates
J Rock Programs include 2 daily snacks and lunch (no outside food is permitted in the building). If your child(ren) has any allergies or dietary restrictions please inform us at time of registration so accommodations can be arranged.
Staff: We strive to provide the best and most qualified staff for all of our youth programs. All of our counselor staff have previous experience working with children ages 4-13. Additionally, are background checked, attend ongoing trainings and all staff 18 years old or older are certified in CPR and first aid; many of our younger staff are certified as well. We operate on a 1 Staff to 8 Camper ratio.
Program Hours & Fees
Member $65 Public $85
J Rock Trips
Member $80 Public $90
Half Day + Early Release Day
(9am-12pm ONLY for JRock)
(not valid on trips program or August programs)
Member $45 Public $65
Early and late care
Early Care (7:30-9am) and Late Care (5-6:30pm)
Early Care $8/day
Late Care 8/day
J Rock Policies
- A minimum of 10 participants (a minimum of 3 days prior to event date ) are needed to run each day of J Rock Jr
- A minimum of 15 participants (a minimum of 3 days prior to event date) are needed to run and J Rock Trips
- No refunds are given after registration has been processed
- Credits are at the discretion of JCC Rockland and are subject to an administrative fee, such credits if awarded must be used towards another J Rock program within the same school year.
- Permission slips and trip waivers MUST be signed before or at drop-off the day of the trip. Any camper without such documents signed will not be permitted to participate in the trip and the fees will not be refunded.
- Registration within 48 hours of event date is subject to a $10 late registration fee and any and all discounts, specials and coupon will not be accepted at this time. Acceptance is based on program availability.
- Late pick up (after 6:30) will be charged at a rate of $35 for every 15 minutes or part thereof per child. These fees MUST be paid at time of pick up or will be charged to your payment method on file the next business day.
- Payment for the program is due at time of registration
- Participant’s JCC account must be in good standing at time of registration and remain that way throughout the program
- I understand that program registration implies permission to use photos taken during the program for publicity purposes and an understanding that no compensation will be provided for such use of these photos.
- I understand that JCC Rockland reserves the right to remove or suspend a child from the program for just cause and that fees will not be refunded.
- J Rock Jr includes snacks and lunche no outside food is permitted. If your child has a dietary restriction please discuss this with us before registration.
We operate on the Clarkstown, Nyack and Pearl River school calendars. We also need a minimum of 10 participants one week prior to the program to guarantee it will run. Advance registration requested and late registrations will be accepted based on space and staff ratio at an additional late fee of $10/day per child.
Jun 19-23 – J Rock will be in session
See J Rock area above for details