Now accepting applications for 2016/2017 school year.
Beyond the Bell Counselor
Under the supervision of the Site Leader and Director of Children & Youth Services, a Beyond the Bell Counselor is responsible for assisting with all daily programming needs and supervision of students enrolled in program. Counselors work in a team context to assure that (1) programming is fulfilling the current needs of our membership and community, (2) that program space is utilized efficiently and effectively and (3) the mission and brand of the JCC is fulfilled at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positive interaction with students, parents and co-workers
- Assist in daily program operation
- Set-up and clean up of program space and activities daily
- Work in a team environment
- Implementation and follow through on all program policies and procedures
- Upkeep of site location for cleanliness and to meet all New York State guidelines
- Attend on-going staff training
- Provide supervision and direction to children ranging in age from K-7 grade
- Act as a role model for participants and other staff
- Organize and implement “Club” activities
- Responsibilities may be changed as the needs of the JCC change. This would be done with prior consultation with the Site Leader and/or Director of Children & Youth Services
- Depending on the site, programs run for 3-4 hours a day starting as early as 2pm.
- All applicants need to be able to work a minimum of two shifts a week. Counselors may need to work additional days based on the needs of the program and the Site Leader’s requirements.
- Program runs M-F on regular days of school
Staff should posses:
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Experience and/or understanding of the development of educational programs in nonprofit or K-12 setting
- Skills and energy to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to serve as a role model
- Experience and competencies in working in a multicultural environment
- Minimum age requirement of 16 years
- Current HS student or beyond
- Minimum 1 year working with school age children
Ability to work on feet several hours at a time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising
Hourly pay based on age and experience.