POSITION TITLE: Membership Consultant
REPORTS TO: Manager of Membership and Community Engagement
The Membership Consultant’s core responsibilities include prospecting and lead generation, meeting sales quotas, and community outreach. Working in a collaborative team-oriented environment, the Membership Consultant will work toward meeting monthly goals in each of these areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Sell JCC Fitness and Wellness Memberships, Community Memberships, and ancillary services.
• Sell Pilates, personal training, and other Fitness and Wellness programs at the point-of-sale.
• Directly participates in the new member on-boarding process by sending out appropriate communications. Generate prospects, and implement excellence in follow-up.
• Actively seeks referrals from current members
• Handle all phone, website, and walk-in inquiries
• Maintain accurate daily and monthly sales statistics
• Promote goodwill with members, prospects, and guests
• Personally, and in conjunction with assigned staff, calls new and current members regularly to ensure usage and satisfaction. Troubleshoots any problems, with sensitivity to other departments.
• Work with the Manager of Membership and Community Engagement to develop a plan for outside sales. Spend time out of the building to generate awareness of the JCC to the community.
• Works closely with other department managers to implement member initiatives and programs to promote Fitness membership.
• Attend street fairs and other community events to promote the JCC.
• Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of 3 years prior fitness industry or sales experience preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Goal-oriented with great attention to details and follow-up.
• Strong team player, extremely personable, professional, and hard-working with exceptional organizational skills.
• Solid ability to use computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, internet.