Under the supervision of the Controller, responsible for providing the first line of communication with members and creating a welcoming and friendly environment. The receptionist has the responsibility of being responsive to members, checking members in and acting as a resource for members’ /staff’s needs regarding goods and services while on the JCC Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members in with a warm welcome and a fond farewell.
- Make sure members swipe their card at Reception.
- Accept deliveries, and contact the recipient to let them know package has arrived.
- Answer phones within three rings with the appropriate branded greeting.
- Ensure calls are directed properly and where necessary, taking complete and detailed phone message information.
- Maintain work areas in clean and orderly manner at all times.
- Restock supplies, forms and retail items before they run-out.
- Assist members with purchases of retail goods and JCC programs / services.
- Assist in sales (new memberships, personal training, retail and special programs).
- Run credit cards and taking checks or cash.
- Maintain log books for sign- in and sign-out of delivery person or visitors and obtain proper identification.
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
- Assist members/guests with personal direction to their destination if needed.
- Assist with special projects, events and promotions as needed.
- Assist management or any authored personnel requesting assistance with any task related to the JCC
Responsibilities may be changed as the needs of the JCC change. This would be done with prior consultation.
Specialized Skills and Competencies
1. Excellent human relations, communications, member service skills.
2. Microsoft computer skills / Telephone Skills.
3. Customer service oriented.
- High School diploma and 1 year hospitality/service industry experience
- Physical demands
- Requires long periods of standing or sitting
- Moderate computer use
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be available early mornings, evenings and weekends
Variety of hourly shifts available, from 5am to 10pm
Fitness and Wellness Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org · 845.362.4400